Monday, November 05, 2007

I've entered the 3rd trimester!

Is this exciting or what??! 27 weeks out of 40. Wheeee! I had my appt today, and all looks good:) A good heartbeat, and I guess I'm measuring right on schedule (he never does tell me, but that's ok). I did gain 5 (gasp!) pounds. It must've been those pancakes from last night at church. Ugh, they gave me the pancake blues. The ladies who made them poured VEGETABLE OIL on the skillet EVERY time they put more batter on. NOT my kind of cooking. But, all in all, a good time was had:)

I was talking to Grace about this tonight. Don't know why I chose to spill it all out on her (sorry, Grace). The words we say, the holidays we celebrate, what we watch, etc! have MEANINGS. ("Keep thy heart with all dilligence, for out of it are the issues of life") They have origins and mean something. I'm seeing the attitude that if we don't mean it bad, it's not. Hmmm. I think it's good to know what we're saying/supporting/watching or whatever. If you're not sure about something, do a wee bit of research, and I think it will help you make a good decision. A bit scattered, but just thought I'd throw that in. I'm sure I'm not going to scare away my readers with this rant. (Grace, Mom?)

We had an EXcellent dinner with my parents and Kevin tonight. Homemade egg rolls and rice. Yummy. yes, they were fried, BUT somehow it seems different than those pancakes. THANKS, MA!

Good night. Should be getting a cold front tomorrow. :))))))))))

3 comments:

Grace said...

why does everyone get so happy about cold fronts? i don't think they are that exciting. abby gets so tight in her car seat in a jacket. well, thanks for the post. you will never scare me off of your post. i'll let you know how the interview goes. love you. hopefully, i'm about to go to bed. good night.

Jamie Butts said...

Congrats on entering your 3rd trimester!!

Is Canola oil the good stuff? I don't care for pancake purposes, but I do get confused sometimes.

sarahdodson said...

Grace, it's b/c it's so nice to not melt when you walk out the door. And you CAN lengthen the straps for poor Abby's car seat.

Jamie, I think Canola is the good stuff. That and Olive oil. Just the mere fact that they were pouring tons of oil on the pan made me nervous. :( I prefer a thin layer of butter.