1. FIRST NAME? Sarah
2. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? no, but my dear mama wanted to pick a name that sounded pretty when he said, Sarah, I love you; and that's my dear Joseph!!!
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? about a week ago, I think
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? sure, but Pwe's is the best
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? peppered turkey breast
6. KIDS? just one precious gift- Baby Girl!
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WHO WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH? weird question if you ask me, but probably Laura Bush
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yep
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? try not to, but sometime it just happens
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I think so
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I think so
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? cinnamon toast crunch
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? most of the time
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? sure (I could take CC any day!)
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? peanut butter
16. SHOE SIZE? 8
17. RED OR PINK? since BG came, it's pink, I guess
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? sin
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? my sissy Grace
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? um, neither
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? watermelon (phew! it's healthy)
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the purr of the computer
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? orange
25. FAVORITE SMELL? prob bacon
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I think Mama
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? I'm only attracted to my dh and I love his eyes
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes
29. FAVORITE DRINK? cream soda
30. FAVORITE SPORT? softball
31. EYE COLOR? Blue
32. HAT SIZE? 6 3/4
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yeppers
34. FAVORITE FOOD? avocado
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy ending- why not?
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Not sure...OH! Narnia
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? white
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter
39. HUGS OR KISSES? both
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? cheesecake
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? When God Weeps, and Galatians
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? just took a good, hard look and it appears to resemble blue sand
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I guess the news
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? BG cooing and when Jody says he loves me:)
47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? neither
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Canada- sorry cc:(
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? well, I know it's NOT making rice
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? October 3,1979, El Paso, Texas
51. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? CC, Abigail, Alison
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
1. FIRST NAME? Sarah
Posted by sarahdodson at 11:53 PM
Greetings, Blogworld, whoever that may be. We've returned from a wonderful visit to San Antonio where we were treated with lots of love and hospitality. It's such a treat to see others enjoy the precious gift the Lord has so graciously blessed us with- Mikayla a.k.a Baby Girl!
On to the subject of my post. Having a child has taught me many spiritual lessons. I need to make this snappy (sorta) b/c my dh is supposed to call @ 11. So.......
Lesson #1- on sleeping through the night:
It's for Mikayla's own good that we train her to sleep through the night. She'll get her much needed rest and be in a better mood, etc. It's hard sometimes to hear her cry (we make sure she's fed, changed, clean, and all that goes along with that). But there are times we just let her cry to teach her. There are some things I noticed about this:
- We can hear her (the Lord hears us when we cry and He doesn't need a baby monitor)
- We care for her (our Lord definitely cares for us!)
- We, at any time, can go give her relief by holding her close or whatever (our Lord can change our situation or give us relief from pain/hardships/trials)
Many times God has us go through these hard times -promising us that He will never leave us or forsake us. He wants us to trust Him completely and wholly, knowing He does all things well. So, when we're going through a rough time, our God, who is in control, knows what He is doing and we need to submit to what He has ordained in our lives. God does not make us go through unprofitable trials. (We don't like to hear Mikayla cry just to hear her cry- there's a point in it all.) This has not been typed out how I wanted it to be, but I hope it makes sense.
In other news (to quote CC), I think the musicmakers (and Ali) need to start a blog! They are such sweet, witty women, and I think it'd be enjoyable to "hear" what they have to say. They no doubt could give some good advice and keep us entertained.
I went to church with my parents and CC this evening, and it was a blessing! "and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." Wow- we've been forgiven. I hope to never get over that glorious truth. As we have been forgiven, so we must forgive. God gives us the grace to do that. (Thank you, Bro. Scott)
Oh boy, I'd better close; Lovebug's supposed to call. How I adore that man! More later- I feel like I'm overflowing with blogging material.
Posted by sarahdodson at 10:36 PM
Thursday, May 25, 2006
While casually watching the 10 o' clock news on KTAB this evening, I spotted Mrs. Priddy- one of my favorite teachers from Panther Creek. What a treat that was! She's looking as good as ever. I don't know who I liked better- Mrytie or Debbie... hmmm..both great teachers! I obviously never called them by their first names, but now I can- hahahahaha. (Like they'd care or something)
Yes, Rebekah, I think I WAS overly attached to that banana. It was consumed today finally by my dh. I did make banana bread today- yay! We like banana bread at our house. I made two; one for in the morning when my parents and Christy come for a visit. And one for the Hamiltons. I promise I WILL have at least one post that doesn't have the word banana in it; this is getting ridiculous!
Lord willing, we'll be going to San Antonio on Saturday morning to visit the Hamiltons for a few days, then head over to Seguin to visit Jody's brother and family. Hopefully the drive will go ok with Baby Girl. I think it will. I can just see the amount of things we're going to be packing for 3 days. We're already heavy packers. Jody suggested taking the swing, which is HUGE. NO. He's so funny:)
Jody and I told ourselves to not always be looking forward to when Baby Girl does this or that, but to enjoy every moment with her. And we still want to do that. However, we both kinda shyly told each other that we won't mind when she sleeps through the night... is that so bad?! Don't get me wrong; I LOVE getting up with her and looking at her and feeding her. I MISS MY SLEEP! It's worth it a million times over.
Off to bed. Hopefully rest is in my future this evening. I want to take Mikayla for a 3 mile walk in the morning. Hope we feel up to it. What are the odds??? (When we walk, we usually go 2 miles, so we'll see).
Buenas Noches! (sp?)
Posted by sarahdodson at 11:02 PM
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Does anybody know where I can find some disposable diaper bags. PLEASE help me out here. I got 300 from my baby showers, then got 100 more from Wal-Mart, and I'm running low. The cheaper the better!
THANK YOU to all who support this blog. How surprising and encouraging it is. With some good advice from my friend (who I'll let remain anonymous- you know who you are) I'll continue on. She said, "as long as you don't try to be witty, you'll do ok." Wow, thanks a lot! There are those who blog, and those who blog well. And I'm one of those who blogs. :) But, that's ok. My strengths lie elsewhere. i.e. changing TONS of diapers.
Did anybody watch AI tonight? GOOOOOOOOOO.............. TAYLOR! He's not my idol, but Jody and I sure think he's a swell singer. Did anyone else think that Clay looked like Slade? (Thanks, Grace!)
I got 5 bucks off my oil change today b/c it's ladies' day. Neat, eh?
One more thing: the banana is back. No lie. I was emptying Jody's lunch box- putting away ice packs, etc., and there it was. why didn't you eat the banana, I asked smugly. He said, I wasn't hungry. Hmmm... oh well. Tomorrow's another day.
Baby Girl is screaming her head off. YIKES! Wait... silence. Awww, good night!
Posted by sarahdodson at 11:27 PM
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
The birthday dinner was a (warm) success. My mom and CC nearly passed out b/c it was so hot in our house- SORRY:( Hopefully, this blog will include a recent pic of our family, thanks to Christy:). How blessed I am!
Highlights of the party:
- 1. My family claims they liked the meal
- 2. Mom and CC DIDN'T pass out
- 3. The cake wasn't too rich, like I'd thought it would be
- The banana is turning a very nice shade of yellow, which will allow it to be in Jody's lunch tomorrow!
- Cleanup is finally over- Good night!
Posted by sarahdodson at 10:38 PM
Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to go shopping for my dh's birthday. Right after grabbing my wobbly cart, I headed straight to electronics and saw one green banana on the ground. I thought to myself, I'll pick this up and then add it to the other bananas when I pass that section b/c I can just see what a mess this could make. So, while I was loading my groceries onto the belt, I reluctantly put the banana down and paid for it. Crazy. Now it's sitting on my table. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so green.
Lunch today with my Mama:) Yay!
I cooked the brisket last night and was sampling it this morning. Can't quite figure it out. Mostly it tastes like salty meat. But, it's ok. Tastes NOTHING like the one I got the recipe for. Oh well.
Well, Baby Girl's asleep, so I'd better get a "nap" in before she awakens to eat. I call it a "nap" b/c it doesn't seem like it should be called that when you're awakened 2 or 3 times between 1 and 8 am.
Let me leave something profitable:
"Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." Galatians 4:7 Wow!
Posted by sarahdodson at 9:20 AM
Monday, May 22, 2006
Well, I'm trying out this blogging thing. I didn't think I ever would, but here I am. I have NO IDEA how to do so many things, but I guess in time I'll learn. Today's been a blessed day. My baby girl is sleeping right behind me. She's due to eat in a few minutes. Also, it's house-cleaning day- lots of fun. Ok, that's all for now. Tomorrow is my dear husband's birthday- yay! I'm going to try to make my first brisket for his bday meal. Should be interesting...
Posted by sarahdodson at 12:51 PM