Monday, November 12, 2007

Anne of Green Gables

My Joseph and I (and Mikayla, kinda) are watching the series of Anne. It brings back such memories. I think the first time I watched them, I was was about 7 (?). I LOVED them back then and still really like them. It's funny that we get so caught up in the romance (or lack of) of Gilbert Blythe and Anne Shirley. Fun times!

My brother Mike and family are in South Dakota, and I believe today they moved into their new home. I do feel for my sweet sister-in-law Misty leaving her family and friends and moving to a totally new (lots colder!) place. I wish so badly that I could visit them. sigh. My parents are planning a trip there the beginning of December. I'm slightly jealous:( Jody is saving his vacation for when the baby comes.

I got an invite for lunch tomorrow at my parents' house. And I've accepted. :) Should be a fun day.

On the menu for tomorrow evening?
Jerry's Burgers (special on Tuesdays 1.99)
Baked Steak fries
Whoo hoo!

Off to read Grace's new post??? I'll believe it when I see it!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Label: I love Sarah.

hi there girl. maybe you and i could get in the back of mom and dad's car and not tell our husbands til we are over half way there. then, there would be no choice but to keep on going. that would be exciting. well, i wish i were invited to mom and dad's for jerry's. i guess that only happens when you're mom/dad's pet. or you live close. one or the other. love you, as stated in my label. if i were like you, i'd talk to you saturday. but since i can still talk on the phone when i have visitors, i'll talk to you tomorrow. call me.

Anonymous said...

Sibling rivalry lives on. I love you guys! Go figure: 2 Risses, not even together. There's a competition!

Niall MacC said...

I wonder if you are talking about the same Ann of green gables as I watched when I was a girl? I can barely remember it, but I did like it! And talking about sibling rivalry, I have six sisters!!! God bless.

Shaunna said...

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables! My cousin Kristin and I would watch it over and over again at my Mema's house during the summers! Good stuff for sure!

Anonymous said...

I don't like the third movie because Diana divorces. That ruins the whole 'feel' of the movie. However, the first two continue to be perennial favorites of mine. I keep coming back to them again and again. Can't wait for next week!