Sunday, November 02, 2008

A nugget in the night

On Friday we set out to go to Winters to visit my parents. Before we left I checked the mail and what a surprise. My sis-in-law Laura sent us a sovereign grace music cd. How kind! So, we listened to that on the way to Winters to see my mom and dad. I'm too lazy right now to go find the name of the cd, but it's a good one:) We went to my dad's last home football game and had a super time- enjoying the cool weather, yummy treats, and good fellowship. And I got a phone call from Christy asking me where my dad was???? She didn't know I was at the game and I didn't know she was there. So, we met up and enjoyed the rest of the game together. Fun!

That night we went to bed VERY late and my poor (little) Joseph had some very bad gas pains. I was up most of the night with him. Now I know that sounds like a very simple sentence, but to really be up MOST of the night is NOT fun. So, I tried to pray and the Lord put it on my heart to read Psalm 37. I was excited when I did.

Psalm 37:18,19
The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

I highly recommend reading that whole chapter if you have the time. If not, make the time;) Just thinking about our next new president and all the uncertainty that many feel, these verses were shown to me at such a good time. No matter what the future holds, we have a God who is true to his word. And he promises to never leave or forsake us. WOW!

Psalm 37:25
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

God WILL provide for his own and will give us the strength to meet the day he has prepared for us. And I thank him for that.

So, that was my "nugget in the night."

In other fun news- my in-laws are coming for a visit this week!!!!!! How I love when they come. They are such a joy to be around. :) Better get some housecleaning done and a menu prepared. Hope you all had a good weekend!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

such sweet scripture! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, are such a blessing to my heart. Thank you! Sorry about Brother, but "all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are THE called according to his purpose." JOY!

Anonymous said...

Come Weary Saints in the name of the CD and can be purchased through Sovereign Grace Ministries. This is actually a really wonderful website with articles, reviews and products. Our church is associated with this group of churches. They do not consider it a denomination, but an affliation of like churches helping each other out... ??? Anyway, we like 'em. ;o)

Heather said...

I am sure you enjoyed the trip to Winters (as did your wonderful parents). Thanks for sharing scripture. I was ironing today, thinking about the predicted Obama win, and was reminded that God is sovereign.