I'm sure most you know (through facebook) that while we were on vacation, we got a call from our neighbor telling us that water was coming out of our garage. Not the funnest news to receive when you're hundreds of miles from home. We've been living in a hotel since we got home and here are some things I've learned:
Friday, April 15, 2011
1) there's nothing quite like homemade food. Yes, it's very nice to be able to eat out whenever we wish to and have it paid for, but I miss cooking
2) It's hard and NOT FUN to keep kids quiet all the time. for everyone involved.
3) Housekeeping (or room service) is nice.
4) Housekeeping (or room service) is sometimes wasteful. We don't need fresh towels every single day. I promise!
5) no matter where our family is- that's home
6) Our oldest 2 are non-stop about CANDY! (which is readily available near the front desk) and the elevator buttons
7) not all hotels are created equal
8) having a non-smoking room doesn't necessarily mean that you won't smell smoke and lots of it
9) kids do eventually fall asleep at nap time and bed time :o))))
10. We.are.spoiled. like crazy.
What an adventure!
Posted by sarahdodson at 3:52 PM