Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Banana bread kind of day

Isn't it? The weather is so gorgeous today. Living in a bit of a newer home allows me to OPEN WINDOWS and let the air blow in. Very lovely. So, I got some ingredients out to make banana bread- after my nap (which I'm pretty sure is not going to happen...).

We hope to have an estimate turned in tomorrow on what we want done to our home. Hopefully the guys will be able to start on Monday.

I think it's a sign. I got an email today from GENGHIS GRILL with a 20% off coupon. Have you ever been there?? The food there is unbelievably good. sigh. Oh yeah. Grace lives really close to one of those restaurants. hmm...

What's new here?

*Mikayla likes to have the pullups with TWO princesses and not just one. Yes, she's still in pullups. Is she EVER going to be trained??????

*I have to pick a new color of paint for the kitchen and a new color for Joseph's room. They're too dark and it will end up costing us hundreds of dollars more (primers and more coats of paint= more labor= more money). I'd wanted "awning red" for the kitchen and "washed navy" for the other.

*I really like those antibacterial/cleaning wipes. They are GREAT. I highly recommend them. I especially enjoy using them to clean my bathroomS. You don't have to worry about a cleaner and a horribly dirty rag. Wipe it down and throw it away. perfect.

*I'm still reading in Genesis with Mikayla and Joseph. For my own reading I'm in the Psalms and in Nehemiah (an awesome book of the Bible!)

*We finally got our carpet shampooed in the Explorer. To put it mildly, it looked HORRENDOUS. Thankfully, it looks much better now.

*It's almost payday!

Enjoy your day, lovely ladies. The Lord has given us a beautiful one!

10 comments:

Shaunna said...

It is SUCH a nice day... I should open our windows too!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

Grace said...

i'm so happy i get to combine two comments in one:) thanks for yet another post! i sure do love you. i need to open my windows like crazy too. it's really nice here. save me some banana bread for when you come eat at genghis. and feel free to call any time. thanks for keeping me sane while i was donating the clothes. i couldn't have done it without you. bye girl.

Mike and Misty said...

The weather here is very nice too. The high around 70 and the 40s for the low. Pretty soon it will turn back into blizzard weather! Banana bread does sound really good, wish I could live next door to you :)

Laura said...

i love banana bread and disinfectant wipes too! ;) please post pics soon!

Anonymous said...

I go to Ballinger to get water for a few minutes and you post and get 5 comments! I can't win.

It's back to hot here, though the bank says it's 82. Whom to believe?

Love you! See you SOON! Let's go see Grace!

Amanda said...

aw! what a fun post!

Anonymous said...

I think your weather may be a bit crisper than ours? However, it is dry and breezy...a bit cool. It was nice walking this a.m.

Those first choice paint colors sounded great. Why do you need to cover walls up with primers and all that? I'm confused... are the walls already dark? WE need to repaint parts of our house and I'm not looking forward to but am totally looking forward to it. :o)

Anonymous said...

I think your weather may be a bit crisper than ours? However, it is dry and breezy...a bit cool. It was nice walking this a.m.

Those first choice paint colors sounded great. Why do you need to cover walls up with primers and all that? I'm confused... are the walls already dark? WE need to repaint parts of our house and I'm not looking forward to but am totally looking forward to it. :o)

Heather said...

Banana bread. That does sound yummy. I agree, post some pictures please!

Anonymous said...

Get the primers tinted too. You can get the paint store to do that. Tinted primers will mean you only have to do two coats of color like with any other color. That might cut down on costs and enable you to keep your original choices. :-)